This Week at Crossroads
REMEMBER TO PRAY AT 1:25
Our pastor has encouraged us to pray daily at 1:25, either AM or PM, for our VISION 20/20 Master Plan. The time 1:25 represents our street address here on Houston Levee. Pray for the Finance Team, the Building Team, our leadership, the architect, the contractor, and for God to supply the needed funds through the faithful giving of His people.
CHURCH WIDE EVENTS
Sunday School Promotion Sunday Is August 5 for Children’s Ministry through Student Ministry. If you have a child going into Kindergarten this coming school year and would like them to receive a Bible presented to them by our Pastor in the morning service, please call the church office at 901-309-7777 or email us at email@example.com before August 1.
A Unique Service on August 19 at 6:00 PM. Sunday night, August 19 will be a special two-part celebration featuring a baptism service plus a Q & A with Dr. Mike Spradlin. To top off this fun evening we’ll have a churchwide ice cream fellowship. Childcare will be provided for ages birth–5-year-olds. Check out what we have planned:
Baptism, the Next Step. Following in the steps of Jesus in public baptism by immersion is a believer’s first demonstration of new life and obedience. Baptism is also an encouragement to fellow believers, especially those who may be struggling with taking that step of obedience as well. We have scheduled a special baptism service on August 19 at 6:00 PM. Are you ready to take that next step of baptism? We know that it can be difficult to schedule time for family and friends to be here on Sunday mornings, so perhaps this evening service will present a great opportunity for them to attend your baptism. Call the church office, 901-309-7777 to schedule your baptism either during the service on August 19 or at another time.
Let’s Play “Stump the Professor!” Have you got a list of theological questions you’ve always wanted to ask a seminary professor? Is there a verse or passage that you just can’t seem to grasp? Ever wanted to sit down with seminary president Dr. Mike Spradlin and find out exactly what a verse or word means in the Greek? Here’s your chance! Mark your calendar now for Sunday night, August 19 at 6:00 PM. Dr. Spradlin will be with us for a question and answer session where you can finally ask those tough questions. Come join us and see if you can “Stump the Professor!”
FAMILY WEDNESDAY FALL SCHEDULE
Fall 2018 is already shaping up! Beginning this week, many Bible study and Awana registrations will open. Visit crossroadsmemphis.com for registration and more class information about these upcoming activities:
Crossroads Family Wednesday • August 15–December 5 • 6:00 PM
- Children’s Ministry: AWANA
- Student Ministry: Bible Study/Youth Activities
- College/Career: Twenties Bible Study – new time 6:00 PM
- Young Marrieds: Bible Study facilitated by Rob Mullins
- Online registration begins next week for these Wednesday night classes running August 22–November 28:
- Men’s Study. For the Love of Christ, book of John study, facilitated by Jeff Mullins.
- “Wise Women” Bible Study. The Quiet Place: Daily Devotional, facilitated by Gena Poole and Lily Minor. Cost $35
- Women’s Bible Study. Precept study on the book of Luke, facilitated by Bonita Lyons. Cost $25
- Women’s Bible Study. He Speaks to Me by Priscilla Shirer, facilitated by Jennifer Gay and Tonya Box. Cost $15
Ministry to Women Bible Studies
- Tuesday Mornings, 10:00 AM–12:00 PM, September 11–November 27. Childcare available for Tuesday Bible Studies only. $20 per child for the semester (registration ends 8/28 for childcare and is limited)
- Thursday Bible Study (off campus), 10:00 AM–12:00 PM. Study in Exodus, facilitated by LeAnn Allen. Starts after Labor Day. Call the church office for more details
SWAT Children’s Musical on July 29.
Join our Crossroads children as they present their summer musical, “Promise U” at 6:00 PM on Sunday, July 29. Ice cream fellowship will follow!
New Believer’s Class. The next session of our New Believer’s Class will be August 12, 19, and 26. This class meets in the Awana room during the morning service. Any child K–6th who has recently been saved and has not attended the class is welcome to come. Please conta
DATES TO REMEMBER
July 23–27 Youth Missions Trip
July 26–29 College Trip to Kings Island/Creation Museum/Ark Experience
Sun, July 29 Family Conference, 9:00 AM
SWAT Children’s Musical “Promise U,” 6:00 PM
Sun, Aug 5 Promotion Sunday
Sun, Aug 19 Baptism Service/Q & A with Dr. Spradlin, 6:00 PM
Wed, Aug 15 Family Wednesdays resume
Sun, Aug 28 VISION 20/20 SPECIAL OFFERING
Sun, Sept 2 VISION 20/20 SPECIAL OFFERING
Sun, Sept 9 VISION 20/20 SPECIAL OFFERING