Many have asked how Crossroads can begin supporting the relief efforts from Hurricane Harvey. The situation is still developing and many details are not available at the moment.
Currently, the primary focus is search and rescue, making sure all of the affected victims are safe and dry. Until the flood waters recede, a “boots on the ground” response is very limited. We will continue to monitor the situation, looking for additional ways to support in the weeks and months to come. This will be a long- term recovery situation.
CBC’s staff and Missions Team are working on some targeted options for support and trying to identify a local church to partner with for needs such as possibly a school supply drive to collect supplies or a toy drive.
There are some ways you can respond today.
- SBC DISASTER RELIEF: September 8 at Bellevue Baptist Church
- Registration, 5:30 PM
- Intro to Disaster Relief 6:00-8:00 PM
- Breakout Sessions (flood recovery/mudout and shower/laundry) 8:15-9:30 PM
SIGN-UP at the Welcome/Registration Desk.
- Forms are available online at http://tndisasterrelief.org/registration-forms/
- TBDR Volunteer Application – NEW volunteers
- TBDR Background Screen Authorization Form
- TBDR Badge Maker Form
- (Hard copies of the forms will also be available at the registration desk.)
3. FINANCIAL SUPPORT:
Donations can be made directly to NAMB
Text: Text the phrase SendRelief to 41444 from your mobile device
Mail a check: payable to NAMB with Hurricane Harvey in the memo line
NAMB | PO Box 116543 | Atlanta, GA 30368