CROSSROADS RUNNERS – Men’s Ministry
While frequently mistaken for an athletic group that runs a lot, the Crossroads Runners is not an exercise group at all! The name is taken from an phrase often used by our pastor, Rob Mullins, saying that he wants us all to be “running to the heart of Jesus.” So we named our men’s group, The Crossroads Runners, because we want all the men at Crossroads Baptist Church to do just that: RUN TO THE HEART OF JESUS.
How Do We Do That:
- By having an annual men’s conference, with a guest speaker that will help us understand how to maintain our focus on Jesus
- By studying how to be the kind of men (fathers, sons, brothers) that the scriptures teach us to strive to become.
- We also do this by attending bible studies and classes offered to the men of Crossroads (ages 12 and up), participating in service projects within the church, and selected activities outside the church.
- We also have an annual “beast feast” that serves up wild game caught and prepared by the men in our church, and is open to anyone who is interested in some good food and fellowship. We have learned this is an effective way to meet men who do not attend church, but hunt and fish, which provides an excellent opportunity to expose these same men to saved men who enjoy the same things they do! That’s good food, good fellowship, and a good opportunity to invite some men to our church.
- We also have begun to offer home repairs, etc, to the widows, single Moms, and other needful members of our church, that are in a bind, and simply need some help. This help is done without fanfare or identification of the members being helped. We want this service to be helpful and discrete, as it should be. The Crossroad Runners provide the men and skills for the assistance to our members.”