Undivided Heart – A Ministry to Women
“Teach me your way, Lord, that I may rely on your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11
It is our sincere and earnest desire to minister to women in such a way that they become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ; single-minded in our purpose and undivided in our heart. In order to do so, we must be intentional and focused in offering things that meet their needs.
The difference between “Women’s Ministry” and “A Ministry to Women” is not just in semantics, it is also in focus. Crossroads endeavors to hear and observe the needs of our women and their schedules and to put into place those things that might undergird them in following the Lord with their whole heart.
A Ministry to Women attempts to take into account the busy schedules of women, young and old, their needs for group Bible Studies, the undergirding of prayer and support from other women in their stage in life. Additionally, we have as a goal to help them to connect with other Christian women encouraging them to live out the truths of Jesus in their families, their neighborhoods, their workplaces and beyond.
Therefore, our approach is simple. It is a focused and intentional pursuit with the goal of coming alongside women where they are. We encourage each woman to find a place to study God’s Word, enjoy fellowship with other believers, be undergirded by the prayers of that group and then go and engage the world outside of the church walls.
“And they shall be my people, and I will be their God. I will give them one heart and one way, that they may fear me forever, for their own good and the good of their children after them. I will make with them an everlasting covenant, that I will not turn away from doing good to them. And I will put the fear of me in their hearts, that they may not turn from me. 41I will rejoice in doing them good, and I will plant them in this land in faithfulness, with all my heart and all my soul.” Jeremiah 32:38-40
Putting it into Practice:
- Bible Study groups held in homes.
- Bible Studies held at church campus on Wednesday night and Tuesday morning offering childcare.
- Deck the Halls, Hit the Malls -an early Christmas Shopping trip to Opry Mills.
- Spring Fling Luncheon held in the Spring immediately after the morning Worship Service and hosted by a different Sunday School Class each year.
- Flip Flop Fellowship – a dinner fellowship to bring flip flops for Missions.
- Occasional Women’s Retreat (not annually)
- Other opportunities that may meet our goals.